
Here at the "Be Why You?" we enjoy a nice office space where I can keep my yerba mate and all the equipo without it being molested by someone else. At Irvine the situation won't be as convenient so I've been trying to figure out a way to have my mate and drink it too while I'm in class and the library at Irvine. I think this is it, I think it's rather ingenious but I'm worried about what it means to drink mate from this contraption. I though a little bit about Walter Benjamin and the notion of authenticity. Does using this to drink mate change the experience so much that it is no longer a mate experience? At this point is it simply something to help me stay awake and focus?
The truth is I'm more pragmatic then that. I really don't like the idea of using this to drink my mate in class but it's a very practical solution to my conundrum. Any thoughts? Mac, what have you done at Rutgers when you have mate during the day? Sorry for the not so philosophical first post and lack of video but this is important...man.